xAPI Camp at DevLearn
Tuesday, October 22
xAPI Camp returns to DevLearn to showcase what’s possible with the Experience API (xAPI) and to accelerate your work with this transformative technology. It will be a day filled with case studies, problem solving, and networking. You’ll be connected to answers you can act on, and an incredible community of practitioners that will help you make an impact.
8:30a – 9:00a
Welcome and Introductions
9:00a – 10:00a
xAPI State of the State
We’ll make sure everyone is current on the buzzwords and lingo used when discussing xAPI. We’ll update you on where xAPI is in adoption and standardization.
10:00a – 10:15a
10:15a – 12:00p
Morning Firestarter and Breakouts
Each xAPI Camp has a particular focus. At DevLearn, we’ll examine the practices that are defining the new normal in learning organizations and peek into the projects that are pushing our profession and industry forward. This talk will put those two frames into one focus.
12:00p – 1:00p
1:15p – 2:15p
As in the morning session, leading practitioners and industry experts will share bite-sized overviews and insights into the big ideas, challenges, lessons learned, and case studies that exemplify how people work with xAPI today.
2:15p – 2:30p
What do we do with the rest of today? Which track is the most helpful for you?
2:30p – 2:45p
2:45p – 4:00p
Track 1: xAPI 101
You have learned what’s possible with xAPI. Do you need a firm grasp of the basics? This track starts at square one.
Track 2: Design Jam
Do you have an idea that you’d like to map out with experts in the room? Something to take back to the office that will get people talking about the big challenges you need to tackle? You ideate; we’ll facilitate.
Track 3: Shop Talk
Do you want a deep dive on a particular topic or question? Do you want to play with a demo of something you heard about today? Do you need to do some real planning on next steps? This track is for you.
4:00p – 4:15p
The focus at xAPI Camp is on action. We’ll share what we each learned and find support for our next actions.
4:15p – 4:30p
Final questions, thoughts, plans, and/or shameless plugs will be shared, and then we will bid adieu.
Why Should You Attend?
- Case studies that inspire and make sense
- You’ll explore curated examples of real-world applications of the xAPI.
- You’ll learn about what organizations build and buy, and the lessons they learned about working with the xAPI.
- You’ll leave with answers to the question, “How can the xAPI help me?”
- Ideas that tackle your toughest challenges
- Speakers, facilitators, and peers will help with your professional challenges, and inspire your own entrepreneurial thinking.
- Solutions you can play with
- You’ll work in small groups.
- Explore projects and tools.
- Return to the office with approaches and solutions that can make an impact.
xAPI Camp Hosts
Aaron Silvers, Elsevier and Megan Bowe, MakingBetter
Take advantage of available discounts!
Save $100 on your xAPI Camp registration when you also register for DevLearn.