xAPI Camp at DevLearn
Tuesday, October 23
xAPI Camp, the must-attend one-day pre-conference experience, returns to DevLearn to showcase what’s possible with the Experience API (xAPI) and to accelerate your work with this transformative technology. It will be a day filled with case studies, problem solving, and networking. You’ll be connected to answers you can act on and an incredible community of practitioners that will help you make an impact.
8:30a – 9:00a
Welcome and Introductions
9:00a – 10:00a
xAPI State of the State
We’ll make sure everyone is current on the buzzwords and lingo likely to be heard and used when talking about xAPI and the projects that use xAPI. We’ll update you on where xAPI is in adoption and standardization.
10:00a – 10:15a
10:15a – 12:00p
Morning Firestarter and Breakouts
Each xAPI Camp has a particular focus. For DevLearn, we’ll examine the practices that are defining the new normal in learning organizations and peek into the projects that push our profession and industry forward. This talk will put those two frames into one focus.
12:00p – 1:00p
1:15p – 2:15p
As in the morning session, more leading practitioners and industry experts will share bite-sized overviews and insights into the big ideas, big challenges, lessons learned, and case studies that exemplify the best in how people work with xAPI today.
2:15p – 2:30p
What do we do with the rest of today? Which track is the most helpful for you?
2:30p – 2:45p
2:45p – 4:00p
Track 1: xAPI 101
Earlier you saw what’s possible with xAPI. Do you need a firm grasp of the basics? This track starts at square one.
Track 2: Design Jam
Do you have an idea that you’d like to map out with experts in the room? Something to take back to the office that will get people talking about the big challenges you need to tackle? You ideate, we’ll facilitate.
Track 3: Shop Talk
Do you want a deep dive on a particular topic or question? Do you want to play with a demo of something you heard about today? Do you need to do some real planning on next steps? This track is for you.
4:00p – 4:15p
The focus at xAPI Camp is on action. We’ll share what we each learned and find support for each of our next actions following the event today.
4:15p – 4:30p
Any final questions, thoughts, plans, and/or shameless plugs are shared, and then we bid adieu.
Why Should You Attend?
- Case studies that inspire and make sense
- You’ll leave with answers to “How can the xAPI help me?”
- You’ll explore curated examples of real-world applications of the xAPI.
- You’ll learn about what organizations build and buy and the lessons being learned about working with the xAPI.
- Ideas that tackle your toughest challenges
- The tough challenges shared will inspire your own entrepreneurial thinking.
- Speakers, facilitators, and peers will help with your professional challenges.
- Solutions you can play with
- You’ll work in small groups to get answers and start smart.
- You’ll go back to the office recognizing approaches and solutions that can make an impact.
- If you choose, you’ll get your hands on projects and tools, and you’ll discuss the problems being solved and what it takes to make a change.
xAPI Camp Hosts
Aaron Silvers, Elsevier and Megan Bowe, MakingBetter
Take advantage of available discounts!
Save $100 on your xAPI Camp registration when you also register for DevLearn.