Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the easiest way to register for the conference?
- When should I register?
- When is the last day I can register?
- Where do I pick up my badge?
- Something has come up and I need to cancel. How do I go about doing this?
- Do I have to sign up for the sessions?
- Do I have to pay now, or can I be invoiced?
- Can I sign up for a Pre-Conference Certificate Workshop later if I decide to take one?
- Can I walk in and sign up for the conference?
- What discounts are available?
- Do I have to pay by a certain date to receive the discounts?
- What type of proof should I send to receive my discount?
- What is Realities360?
- What makes Realities360 unique?
- What is Morning Buzz?
- What are BYOD sessions?
- Are the optional Pre-Conference Certificate Workshops full-day events?
- Are the sessions being recorded?
- What is the dress code?
- Do I receive a certificate for attending the conference?
- What is the conference Code of Conduct policy?
- What is the contact information for The eLearning Guild?
What’s the easiest way to register for the conference?
The easiest way to register for the conference is to do it online. Alternately, you can contact us by phone to register. Our phone number is +1.707.566.8990. Online Registration Form.
When should I register?
Space is limited, so register as soon as you can to ensure your spot at the event. Be sure to check for registration discounts because there are several—including organizational and group discounts—for which you may qualify. Registration Details.
When is the last day I can register?
Registration is open until either 1) the conference sells out or 2) the final day of the conference. Online registration closes on June 21 at noon PT.
Where do I pick up my badge?
You can pick up your badge at the Registration Desk any time during Registration Desk hours.
Something has come up and I need to cancel. How do I go about doing this?
For cancellations received prior to close of business on Friday, June 14, 2019, a $100 handling and processing fee will be assessed and the balance of your registration fee will be refunded. For cancellations received Saturday, June 15, 2019, through Friday, June 21, 2019, a 50 percent handling and processing fee will be assessed and the balance of your registration fee will be refunded. If you do not cancel by Friday, June 21, 2019, or if you fail to show up for the event, there will be no refunds. All cancellations must be in writing and can be emailed to service@eLearningGuild.com or faxed to +1.707.566.8963. Substitutions can be made at any time up to the start of the conference. Please call +1.707.566.8990 to arrange a substitution.
Do I have to sign up for the sessions?
Registered participants of 2019 Realities360 can attend any session listed in the conference schedule. (Note: This does not include optional Pre-Conference Certificate Workshops, for which a separate fee is required.)
Do I have to pay now, or can I be invoiced?
You can be invoiced for your registration. Simply select the “Invoice me” payment option and enter your PO number. (If you don’t have a PO number, type your name in the PO field.) Once you submit your registration, we will email you an invoice. Please note that payment must be received prior to discount deadlines for any discounts to remain in effect. Please call us at +1.707.566.8990 with any questions.
Can I sign up for a Pre-Conference Certificate Workshop later if I decide to take one?
Absolutely, you can register for a Pre-Conference Certificate Workshop after your initial conference registration!
Pre-Conference Certificate Workshops often sell out, so you’ll want to register as early as you can.
Call our offices at +1.707.566.8990 or email us at service@eLearningGuild.com to add these activities to your conference registration.
Can I walk in and sign up for the conference?
If space is available, walk-ins will be accepted. However, since this is a limited-seating event and we expect to sell out, we highly recommend that you register for the event in advance to avoid being turned away. Materials for walk-in registrations are based on availability at the time of registration.
What discounts are available?
There are several types of registration discounts: Super Early, Early, Organizational, Group, and Student discounts.
- Super Early Discount: If you register by Friday, March 22, 2019, you’ll save $200 off your 2019 Realities360 registration with the Super Early Registration Discount
- Early Discount: If you register between Saturday, March 23 and Friday, May 10, 2019, you’ll save $100 off your 2019 Realities360 registration with the Early Registration Discount
- Organizational Discounts: Employees of government agencies, accredited academic institutions, and nonprofit organizations receive 25% off their registration (a savings of up to $473.75)
- Group Discount: If your organization sends three or more people to a conference, you’ll get an additional 10% off (a savings of up to $189.50 per person)
- Student Discount: Current full-time students of accredited academic institutions are eligible for a registration rate of $495
And, of course, all eLearning Guild members receive a $200 discount on their conference registration fees, and those with the Online Conference Subscription get $300 off conference registration fees. These discounts are cumulative, so the savings can really add up.
Do I have to pay by a certain date to receive the discounts?
To receive the discounts, your registration must be paid by the discount deadlines. Discount Deadlines.
What type of proof should I send to receive my discount?
To receive the Organizational Discount or Student Discount, you must email or fax proof of eligibility to service@eLearningGuild.com or +1.707.566.8963.
Organizational Discount verification types include:
- A statement on your organization’s letterhead verifying your proof of employment
- A copy of your organization-issued ID card
Student Discount verification types include:
- A copy of your student ID
- A copy of your transcripts or enrollment verification form
Your registration will not be fully processed until we receive this information and it has been verified.
Where is the event taking place?
The event is taking place at the Fairmont San Jose hotel in San Jose, California.
At which hotel should I stay?
You should stay at the hotel where the event is taking place: Fairmont San Jose in San Jose, California. See Venue for reservation information.
Are meals included?
Lunch is included with your registration (no lunch on Thursday, June 27). There is a wide range of dining options close to the hotel to satisfy your breakfast and dinner cravings. Check in with the hotel concierge for your options!
What is Realities360?
Realities360 Conference is in its third year and explores the possibilities that AR and VR pose for training and education. The event highlights a number of real-world examples of these technologies in practice and provides attendees the space to experience these technologies and discover for themselves the opportunities they create.
What makes Realities360 unique?
Realities360 is unlike any conference you’ve attended before. It is built from the ground up to be a hands-on experience. Realities360 also provides a forum for learning and development professionals to connect with technology companies to explore not only what the technologies can do, but what we need them to do in the near future. The first ever Realities360 Expo provides an opportunity for you to experience these technologies for yourself and bring the context of those experiences into discussions that help you see where AR, VR, and like technologies fit within your organization.
What is Morning Buzz?
Each morning at Realities360, you will have the option to kick-start your day with Morning Buzz, the ever-popular “early bird” facilitated discussions. Grab your coffee, and join an informal conversation exploring one of a number of different topics.
What are BYOD sessions?
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) sessions are designed to enable you to follow along with the instructor step-by-step, ensuring that you receive in-depth, hands-on training on a specific topic or tool.
Are the optional Pre-Conference Certificate Workshops full-day events?
The focused, optional Pre-Conference Certificate Workshops will be held on Monday, June 24, 8:30a – 4:30p. They are full-day events. A separate paid registration is required to attend.
Are the sessions being recorded?
There are currently no plans to record any of the sessions.
What is the dress code?
Comfortable, casual attire is recommended. We suggest you bring a sweater or jacket, because it can get cool in the session rooms and in the evenings.
Do I receive a certificate for attending the conference?
No, but those who attend an optional Pre-Conference Certificate Workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion.
What is the conference Code of Conduct policy?
You can read The eLearning Guild’s Code of Conduct here.
What is the contact information for The eLearning Guild?
2018 Realities360 is produced by The eLearning Guild. The primary administrative offices of The eLearning Guild are in Santa Rosa, California. For general inquiries, to register for an event, membership services, accounting-related issues, and executive issues, please contact this office:
The eLearning Guild
120 Stony Point Rd., Suite 125
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
If you are having problems with this website, please email them to:
To inquire about speaking at any Guild event:
- The eLearning Guild Program Team
- Email: programs@eLearningGuild.com
To inquire about advertising and sponsorship opportunities:
- Cheri Lynch
- Email: clynch@eLearningGuild.com
- Phone: +1.603.465.7786