Important Due Dates
By April 6
Email your speaker photo
If you haven’t submitted a photo to the Guild before or need to update it, email it to programs@eLearningGuild.com.
Photos must be:
- In color
- In TIFF, JPG, or PNG formats
- A minimum of 4”X6” at 300 DPI
- Named “Lastname_Firstname.fileformat” (for example “Kelly_David.jpg”)
For tips on choosing a great speaker photo, check out this TWIST blog post.
By April 6
Review session description and speaker bio
Your session description and speaker bio are based off the content from your proposal. However, they may have been edited to align with Guild standards. You’ll want to review each when they’re posted to the conference website and make sure they’re still accurate.
If you have any minor edits*, send them to programs@eLearningGuild.com.
- Copy and paste the text from the website to a Word document
- Use the “track changes” option when editing or indicate your edits with bold red text.
*NOTE: It’s not acceptable to change your session’s focus or objectives (add additional or make significant changes). At this point your session has been publicly promoted.
By April 25
Confirm your Audio/Visual needs
You already indicated your AV needs when completing your submission to speak. However, if your needs have changed, it is your responsibility to contact Mary Alexander by April 25.
- Concurrent sessions will have the following:
- Theater style seating with a head table to present from.
- One (1) HD LCD projector with a HDMI connection and 1920x1080 resolution
- One (1) Projection screen 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Wireless Internet connectivity
- Audio for your laptop
- One (1) flipchart
- Pre-conference Workshop rooms have the standard set up as well as the following:
- A head table to present from
- Seating configuration will be determined based on your feedback.
NOTE: If your device only has a VGA output connection please advise us.
By May 4
Co-presenters MUST HAVE REGISTERED AND PAID for the event
- The first co-presenter listed in the submission form receives a discounted registration rate and is responsible for registering themselves.
- To register as a co-presenter, follow the instructions listed on the Speaker Registration Information page.
- Co-presenters not registered by this date risk losing their speaking status.
- Additional co-presenters, beyond the first, must register at the full conference rate.
Note: The primary presenter for each session receives a free registration and is automatically registered for the event.
By May 8
Morning Buzz topics due
- Morning Buzz sessions are informal group discussions that run Tuesday – Thursday, 7:30a – 8:15a.
- A link to a Morning Buzz proposal survey will be sent out to all speakers prior to the due date.
- If you are interested in facilitating one, ensure your topic proposal is submitted by this date. Note, these are to be topics not session titles.
By May 22
WORKSHOP PRESENTERS ONLY: Pre-conference attendee draft email due
This email, sent by the Guild to all your workshop attendees, is your opportunity to make a first connection and provide the important information participants will want to know before they arrive. We encourage you to create a personalized attendee email, please send it to programs@eLearningGuild.com by May 22.When writing your attendee email:
- Keep it short - We’ve noticed the more direct and to the point workshop emails are, the more they’re read and the better their instructions are followed.
- Set expectations - Make it clear what hardware, software, and/or tools they need to bring and share links to workshop resource files if you have them.
- Aim for simplicity - Keep your instructions as streamlined as possible.
- Remove or reduce pre-work - Unfortunately, we find that pre-work isn’t always completed by workshop attendees. It’s often better to design workshops without pre-work and/or just include recommendations instead of required activities or reading.
- Ask them to be early – reminding them to arrive early can ensure your workshop can start on time.
- Include your contact information: Be sure to let them know how to contact you if they have questions leading up to the event.
If you choose not to provide a personalized email, The Guild will send a general email on your behalf with your contact info should attendees have questions.
Note: Participants who register for your workshop just before the conference or on-site will not have received this email, so you will also want to share this same information at the start of workshop.
By May 30
WORKSHOP PRESENTERS ONLY: Pre-conference workshop materials due
- Any workshop materials you wish the Guild to print for participants MUST be received by this date in order to make our print deadline.
- Please email these materials in Word, PPT, and/or PDF format to programs@eLearningGuild.com.
- For additional information about session materials click here.
- Materials for pre-conference workshops will NOT be posted on the event resource page.
- This is the drop dead submission date. If we do not receive your materials by this date, YOU are responsible for making copies of your materials and for any related costs, including, but not limited to, copy and shipping costs.
By June 1
Deadline for special room rate at event hotel
- Speakers are responsible for making their own hotel reservations.
- Rooms at the conference hotel are available at a discounted rate (click here for hotel reservation information).
- We recommend booking as early as possible as our hotel block routinely sells out.
By June 6
Concurrent session materials due
- All materials you wish to have available during the conference must be sent by email to programs@eLearningGuild.com by this date.
- For information about session material requirements, click here.
- Please submit only finalized files. If you are not able to meet the deadline please contact programs@eLearningGuild.com by or before this date.
- Materials for sessions will be posted on the event resource page. Presentation files will also be available through the mobile app.