- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Future Skills Every L&D Professional Needs
Wednesday, July 13, 2022 | 10:00 to 11:00 AM Pacific Time
We’re gearing up for DevLearn 2022 Conference & Expo with the Countdown to DevLearn webinar series, which includes three exclusive DevLearn sessions you won’t find on the DevLearn program this fall. Each free webinar was created to help you advance your skills in the management, design, and development of technology-based learning—and to give you a taste of what you’ll see in Las Vegas this October!
With the rise in automation, hybrid workforces, and virtual meetings, organizations need to re- and upskill their employees to cope with changing realities and requirements. Research shows that focusing on reskilling vs. hiring has many advantages, including cost and institutional knowledge. What is often overlooked, however, is the first critical step in the upskilling process: upskilling the team that will strategize and execute on the workforce of the future—your L&D team. What are some of the skills L&D professionals need to support their organizations in this critical step to build the workforce of the future, including training and learning programs that are so much more than pure compliance and process courses?
In this session you will learn:
- Critical skills needed in your L&D team to help your organization re- and upskill.
- What challenges organizations are facing, what skills gaps are imminent, what organizations are doing/planning on doing to fill those gaps, and advantages and disadvantages of various approaches.
- Modern and new approaches to creating, training and learning, such as the 5 Moments of Need, and how the L&D role is changing as part of the connected organization.
- An actionable process of how L&D professionals can assess their own skills and departments, and how to create a plan of action to upskill their internal teams.
Director, Learning Experience