609 Sprint University: Kindling a Mobile Learning Culture
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Thursday, June 9
With the proliferation of mobile deployment to training audiences and rapidly emerging technology, training and development professionals often struggle with keeping their mobile knowledge and skills current. Sprint University confronted this problem head-on by implementing a mobile learning program.
In this session, you will be provided a roadmap for implementing your own program to rapidly accelerate mobile skills and knowledge of your training and development professionals. This session will showcase the Sprint University mobile learning program from initiation to deployment and ongoing management. This program is a great example of an initiative that effectively increased awareness and adoption of mobile development practices and solutions university-wide.
In this session, you will learn:
- To create a comprehensive content strategy for your website
- How to mobilize your community of subject matter experts to impart their knowledge and kindle enthusiasm for mobile
- How to transform instructional designers and multimedia designers into bloggers and champions for mobile
- How to curate mobile content for your training and development professionals so that mobile pushes are relevant or applicable
- To leverage mobile mentors to drive content through feedback loop
Novice designers, developers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Desktop- and mobile-enabled websites.
Program/Project Manager II
Beverly Bensing is a program/project manager at Sprint University. Beverly’s 22-year career in training and development spans program management of the number one most profitable seminar line during her time at American Management Association to her current role as program/project manager for Sprint University, managing priority digital and interactive turnkey projects involving talent management, IT, digital, brand, and Sprint University. She enjoys helping Sprint’s award-winning teams deliver innovative solutions. Beverly holds an MA in communications studies and a BS in journalism from the University of Kansas.