- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Break Out of the Web Browser Box with the Experience API
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 26, 2015
Chief Technology Officer
Distributed learning has largely been limited to content delivery in a web browser from a learning management system or similar web application. But learning happens in many places away from the web browser. Managers, who are tasked with keeping track of employee development, frequently resort to spreadsheets or other forms of data storage to consolidate training history into a single report format. This leads to inefficient and fragmented documentation, which produces incomplete and incorrect training reports.
In this session, participants will explore the Experience API (xAPI) and how it opens new worlds for tracking employee learning. You will learn to define what the xAPI is—and what it is not. You will discuss how the xAPI tracks learning wherever it happens, and yet still can record and report on that learning from a single location. You will discover how a standard reporting interface that understands the xAPI can consume that data and produce reports.
In this session, you will learn:
- What the Experience API is
- If you should be looking for vendors who are supporting this new technology
- How you can get involved in using and promoting this new technology
- Where you can find more information about this technology
Novice designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
The Experience API.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island