- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Creating a Data-Driven L&D Team—an xAPI Case Study
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2018
Chief Customer Experience Officer
VP Business Development
From an organization-wide executive directive to become more data-driven, a retail corporate L&D team took an internal look at their own data practices. Realizing that they had an overwhelming lack of transparency into their learning initiatives and a great amount of data that had gone unused, the team developed a transformation vision to create a single system of record for learning to enable observability, granularity, and accountability for all team members. The team was committed to the vision of xAPI; however, the data and information they needed in order to make actionable change for their learners was locked away in non-interoperable formats, and they recognized the need to develop a data strategy and implementation plan.
In this case study session, you will see how the organization’s L&D team created an xAPI data roadmap to not only achieve early wins when it came to the executive business objectives, but also begin work on a scalable plan to build out a modern, flexible ecosystem that has the needs of learners at its center.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the data strategy development process
- How to connect an organizational goal to a department-level strategy
- What an xAPI implementation looks like from a planning and timeline perspective
- How data sources, integrations, and learning record stores work together
- What the results of a unified xAPI learning ecosystem can look like
- Best practices, look-fors, and gotchas in the xAPI implementation process
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
xAPI, learning analytics, data dashboards, learning record stores, LMSs, data integrations, HRISs, learning tools, and data sources.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer