- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning Professionals as True Business Partners
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
North America Learning and Development Manager
Leadec Industrial Services
As a training manager or instructional designer, have you found yourself on the outside looking in when business decisions are made? Do you have a seat at the table when business strategy is discussed within your organization? Are you in the unenviable position of reacting to others’ decisions regarding employee training rather than influencing or leading the conversation? That doesn’t have to stop you from changing the situation and becoming a true business partner who can help drive strategy.
In this session, you will learn how to advocate for a seat at the table by proving you can align learning with business strategy and execute on business goals. You will examine how to move your learning strategy from training to a performance improvement focus. You will learn a variety of performance improvement techniques to increase the effectiveness of your learning projects. You will leave this session armed with ideas for skills to develop and tools to help you become a better business partner in your organization. There is a seat at the table waiting for you.
In this session, you will learn:
- What may be holding you back from having a seat at the leadership table
- Why your career as a learning professional should be more about performance improvement than just training
- What senior leadership looks for in a true business partner
- Skills and techniques to improve your business acumen
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer