- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Point-of-Work = New Ground Zero for Learning
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Human Performance Outfitters
Training alone does not drive performance—it contributes only to potential. Performance does not manifest until learners become performers at their point-of-work (PoW). This means that learning needs to converge with work, and doing this effectively requires holistic learning and performance assessments at the PoW. These evolved discovery methods then require enhanced performance consulting skills and tactics to enable L&D solutions that are agile and responsive.
If the rules of engagement have changed, so must L&D tactics and solutions to best serve learners and performers. In this session, you’ll learn how to address both using a learning performance continuum spanning from point-of-entry (PoE) to PoW. You’ll learn evolved performance consulting discovery tactics used in a holistic, repeatable learning performance assessment methodology. You’ll also learn how intentional design blends formal learning and performance support assets that thread learning continuity from PoE to PoW. If we desire agility in our workforce, L&D needs to be at least as agile and responsive to their demands from learning to work.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to evolve your discovery tactics to adopt a learning performance assessment methodology
- How to address a learning continuum through adopting intentional design
- How to identify where embedded performance support fits on the continuum
- What to consider in the event performance support technology is a good fit
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
LMS/LES, portals, DPS, cloud-based digital performance support
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer