- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Transforming Employee Orientation to an Onboarding Journey Experience
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Global Onboarding Program Manager and Sr. Learning Strategist
Booz Allen Hamilton
Senior Learning Strategist
Booz Allen Hamilton
Imagine you’re a new hire. From applying for your job to your first day it feels like you’ve interacted with 100 people. Learning and development is preparing to host an orientation, and so is your new team, both groups delivering different messages and experiences. At Booz Allen, L&D was delivering orientation, not onboarding, and the business was experiencing an unacceptable level of attrition. A new approach was needed.
In this case-study session, you will learn how Booz Allen leadership’s step to reexamine its employee value proposition and give ownership of the firm’s Workday Onboarding process to L&D lead to the change from a weekly orientation to a cohesive year-long onboarding experience beginning at offer letter acceptance. You’ll explore how technology, marketing, and communications strategies can be used to create the right engagement points from offer through the end of first year. You’ll learn how to connect content across a year and deliver consistent messages about the organizations’ employee value proposition.
In this session, you will learn:
- How learning and development can influence other business processes
- How defining a purpose for Workday Onboarding enables a streamlined pre-onboarding experience
- Ways in which applying branding strategies can energize your instructional design
- How virtual reality and videos can be used to engage new hires and tell the organizational story
Designers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Workday, videos, virtual reality, Degreed.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer