- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design Models for Interactive Video in a Learning Context
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
SVP Business Development
Interactive video often has a wow factor that’s hard to deny. What’s critical for L&D, though, is thinking beyond the wow factor to ensure interactive video truly supports learning and performance improvement. Interactive video offers a range of design models, each with different strengths. Understanding how to align those strengths to different learning needs simplifies your design process, reduces development costs, and produces the best results for your organization.
This session will explore the range of interactive video options commonly seen and used, in order to build a reference framework. You’ll discover how these models can then be applied to different types of learning needs, contexts, and situations to take advantage of each model’s strengths. You’ll also work through instructional design strategies for each model to help you begin your planning and design work. And you’ll gain a range of practical tips to help you make your designs come to life with the best possible results for your organization.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the design models commonly used for interactive video
- How these models can support different learning needs and contexts
- Instructional design and planning strategies for each design model
- Practical design and creation tips that help speed up the creation process and improve the end-result learning experience
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Interactive video examples, as well as some related authoring and delivery tools.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer