- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Meme-ing Today’s Hottest Learning Trends
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 26, 2018
Director of Research
The eLearning Guild
Chief Learning Architect
Executive Vice President, Executive Director
The eLearning Guild
Education Technology Specialist
Southlake Regional Health Centre
Technology has completely changed the way we live, work, and learn. Technology has brought us the internet, smartphones, tablets, and many more tools that have changed our lives forever. Of course, these same technologies have also brought us memes like Socially Awkward Penguin, Success Kid, and yes, Grumpy Cat.
In this session, these two worlds collide as six industry experts use today’s memes to explore the hottest trends in our field. The rules of each presentation are simple: Each speaker’s presentation has 20 slides that automatically advance every 20 seconds. That provides each speaker with six minutes and 40 seconds to paint their vision for the future of learning. And there’s one last rule—slides can only use common internet memes for visuals. Join us for what is sure to be a fun and informative session.
Here are the topics our speakers will be exploring:
- Julie Dirksen: Neuroscience, The Good, Bad, and Ugly
- Jane Bozarth: Evidence Vs. Myth
- Tracy Parish: Robots are Taking Over the World
- Sam Rogers: Big Data & Little Problems
- JD Dillon: The Only Learning Platform Your Will Ever Need!!
- David Kelly: Do You Suffer From SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome)?
In this session, you will learn:
- The truth behind some of the biggest trends in learning
- How to separate the fab from the fad
- How Ignite session formats can create unique learning opportunities
- Way more about internet memes than you ever thought possible
Designers, developers, and managers.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer