- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Transforming Boring Content into Engaging Microlearning
DevLearn 2018 Conference & Expo - October 24, 2018
Corporate Digital Learning Manager
Imagine your worst eLearning nightmare, a dry compliance course. Boring! Is it a talking PowerPoint with a next button and a quiz at the end? Extra boring! Unfortunately, simply chopping a boring course into bite-sized modules doesn’t make it any better. But most struggle to break the cycle because they don’t know how to. How do you make a boring topic fun? Where do you even start?
In this case study session, you will explore how Welk Resorts revolutionized their cybersecurity training into a series of microlearning modules that sparked interest and engagement company-wide. You will discover how the team was able to cut out unnecessary content by adopting outcome-driven design and present information through games, videos, and short interactions to create “purposeful fun.” You will also learn how to think beyond the module and leverage quizzes, surveys, and reflections in your learning strategy. Lastly, you will be able to apply these strategies and transform any boring content into meaningful microlearning that drives excitement, engagement, and retention.
In this session, you will learn:
- What data to gather to drive your microlearning strategy
- How to effectively dissect boring content into meaningful microlearning modules
- How to incorporate games, videos, and interactions to create “purposeful fun”
- How to reinforce post-module learning through quizzes, surveys, and reflections
Designers and developers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Articulate Storyline 3, Snagit, learning management systems.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer