- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Business Simulations for Learning: Strategy, Design, and Serious Play
Realities360 2018 Conference - June 27, 2018
Global Learning Specialist
Director of Product Development
Today’s networked businesses must contend with unprecedented levels of complexity and variety. Business simulations provide active, dynamic learning solutions where learners can replicate realistic businesses environments as safe-to-fail spaces where learners can authentically model complex, long-term challenges and improve their performance without any real risk. Managing the conceptual and technical load of creating gamified simulations can be its own challenge—but this session will show you how it’s done.
In this case study session, find out how British firm Diageo used a data-driven bar simulation to redefine best practices and make their highly complex net revenue management content easy to understand and enjoyable to learn. You’ll discover how digital simulations derived from real business data close the organizational feedback loop and drive positive behavior change to make a real difference to bottom-line priorities. Explore the theory and practice of how immersive, credible learning experiences provided by this gamified simulation improved decision making and strategy execution across all levels of a leading global organization, and how it can work for you.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between data-driven and scenario-driven simulations
- All about examples of learning simulations making a real impact on business revenue and outcomes
- The nuts and bolts of designing and planning a business simulation, and how to make the lessons stick
- The key takeaways from the development and roll-out of complex simulation projects
Designers, developers, managers, and senior leaders (directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Diageo NRM (a gamified bar simulation solution displayed via PC).
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer