- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Going Beyond SCORM: Using xAPI and WordPress as an LMS
DevLearn 2017 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2017
Co-Founder, Technology Strategist
Traditional LMSs are not always the simplest of tools to work with. They can, in some cases, be more complicated, limited in their capabilities, or expensive than what you actually need. But if this is the case, you don’t need to settle for an LMS solution that doesn’t actually fit your needs. What you need instead may be found in an unexpected place: WordPress.
In this session, you’ll learn how to use WordPress, a ubiquitous and easy-to-use content management system, to create a robust LMS platform. You’ll discover how to create and launch eLearning courses using WordPress and xAPI. You’ll also learn how to track user input and progress using a learning record store (LRS). With this approach, you can create the LMS you need in a budget-friendly way.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to create an LMS using WordPress
- How to integrate an LRS with WordPress
- How to extend the features of this LMS to make building engaging learner experiences even easier
- How to track user input from courseware using an LRS
Intermediate to advanced developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
WordPress, LearnDash LMS, xAPI, GrassBlade LRS, Paid Memberships Pro, Adobe Captivate, and Uncanny LearnDash Toolkit.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island