- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using 360-Degree Video for On-Site Training and Education
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 20, 2017
Ohio University’s Immersive Media Initiative
Northern Arizona University
The pairing of 360-degree video and virtual reality has hit the mainstream, with numerous companies launching new tools to view and even create this content on a constant basis. Yet it’s difficult to fully understand the possibilities of this technology without clear examples of how to use 360-degree video for education and training purposes, what tools are available to develop this content, and how to test whether it’s actually effective at sharing content.
In this session, you’ll experience 360-degree virtual reality projects created for a wide range of learning situations, including secondary education, professional acclimatization, and graduate medical training. After experiencing 360-degree video training firsthand, you’ll then discuss best practices and equipment needs for this kind of content. This will include discussing what costs are involved in producing 360-degree video, what learning domains to measure, and what techniques and processes can help you implement it quickly and effectively.
In this session, you will learn:
- How 360-degree video is already being used for situations such as clinical training scenarios, medical procedure walk-throughs, and middle school science classes
- How effective 360-degree video training is for different scenarios
- About best practices and equipment that can help you create and share 360-degree video simply and affordably
- About the costs involved with implementing 360-degree video
Novice to intermediate designers, developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
Technology discussed in this session:
Kodak 4K 360-degree video cameras; Ricoh Theta 360-degree still cameras; YouTube 360-degree video via Google Cardboard; Homido 360-degree video viewing headset; and various 360-degree video apps and equipment for smartphones.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA