- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The 10-Foot Experience: TV Apps for Learning
FocusOn Learning 2017 Conference & Expo - June 21, 2017
HBO has an app. So do other major TV channels like Comedy Central and ESPN. With major media brands like these distributing content via television-based apps, and an increasing number of people cutting the cable cord, television-based app development is a rapidly growing segment of media. Learning media and content isn’t far behind; in fact, it’s already happening. However, most developers have little understanding of the television app ecosystem and how L&D can benefit.
In this session, you’ll learn about opportunities to distribute learning content using television-based apps. You’ll find out what universities like Harvard and Georgetown and businesses like Lynda.com and Coursera have discovered about teaching on TV and why it’s changing the direction of these companies. You’ll discuss the major ecosystems for television-based apps, such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, and Google TV. You’ll then explore how learning organizations can exploit the explosion of smart TVs and TV-based apps.
In this session, you will learn:
- About the major TV-based operating systems and the app distribution process for each one
- How major media companies are already using TV for training and learning
- What resources you’ll need to develop educational TV apps
- How to optimize your video for TV-based apps
- How small companies can benefit from TV-based learning
Intermediate to advanced developers, managers, directors, and senior leaders (VP, CLO, executive, etc.).
discussed in this session:
Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android, Google TV, and OTT (over-the-top) television.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- Training + Content Development Manager
- Remote: Instructional Designers for Computer Science Courses
- Instructional Designer I, Online Learning
- Learning Experience Designer