- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
eLearning Myth Smashers
DevLearn 2016 Conference & Expo - November 16, 2016
While there are many practices and models grounded in research that people use to create eLearning, there are also a lot of common statements about the field that may or may not be based in fact. Do learners really remember 50 percent of what they hear? Does L&D need to treat generations differently? Do learning styles matter? While these ideas are widespread, are they actually true?
In this session, you’ll get to put some widely touted ideas to the test. Attendees will review the claims together, take a look at the research, and separate the wheat from the chaff. Digital natives, generations, learning styles, and more will be subject to examination. Come find out which ideas you can trust and which you should question!
In this session, you will learn:
- Why these ideas are so compelling
- What the research says about these ideas
- Which L&D statements don’t pass the “sniff test”
- What you can do to avoid falling for learning myths in the future
Novice and intermediate designers and managers.
Click here for the session trailer
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island