Over the last decade, there has been an industry-wide emphasis on developing learning objects with embedded gamification elements. However, taking the concept of gamification past the singular learning objects to the more global, overall learner experience is more of a rarity.
In this session, you will be shown the specifics of one company’s journey and lessons learned so that you can take those practices to your own company. You will explore the realities and challenges faced when designing and developing a gamified open-learning platform. This session will focus on the learner experience design process with specific emphasis on the engagement model, learning space and journey, and game economy. You will learn how issues were solved relating to employee goals and ambitions, the learner lifecycle and engagement loops, learner motivation and emotional engagement, as well as establishing criterion and conditions that set a solid foundation for the game economy.
In this session, you will learn:
- The definition of gamification
- How to plan for the learner lifecycle
- How to incorporate Barte’s player types into your game mechanics
- How to set up a game economy
- The elements to consider in the learner experience design process
- The best practices for the learning space and how to outline the learner journey
- How to support the learner’s sense of autonomy and mastery
- How to evolve your system to add new functionality and to stay relevant
Intermediate designers, developers, project managers, managers, and directors.
discussed in this session:
Examples of a gamified platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to view these files.Log In Join