- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Ten Projects Showcasing the Top 10 Reasons for Gamification
DevLearn 2015 Conference & Expo - September 30, 2015
Senior Instructional Designer/Program Manager
Director, Inclusion & Change
Gamification and games-based learning is a viable, effective strategy for learning and yet there is resistance when it comes to executive buy-in. We hear, “Gamification is too expensive!” “It’s too flashy!” “We don’t want our employees playing games on the job!” Turning the tide of perception takes a combination of highlighting programs in which gamification has been incredibly effective, understanding the science behind why gamification works so well for learners, and targeting those specific projects for which gamification is a perfect fit.
From reaching the target demographic, to creating experts, to maximizing downtime and making training more cost effective, you’ll see how gamification was used to address the business drivers, meet the learning objectives, and engage the audience beyond expectations through 10 real-world examples. In this session, you will learn 10 reasons why your learners will be and your company should be asking for gamification as a learning strategy. Finally, you will learn how to overcome resistance to gamification and gain ideas for how to successfully achieve buy-in from company leadership.
In this session, you will learn:
- To identify reasons for resistance to gamification within your organization
- To describe why gamification is an effective strategy for the modern adult learner
- To describe best practices for pitching and developing gamification programs for learning
- To list the types of projects that can be enriched with gamification
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer