- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
LRSs: What You Need to Know Now
mLearnCon 2015 - June 10, 2015
Head of Technology Innovation
UL Compliance to Performance
You’re all excited about the promise of an Experience API-enabled world, but you’ve still got a learning management system (LMS) and a whole host of SCORM-based courses. Now what? In most cases, you’ll need to manage the transition—read: republish your library for the Experience API (xAPI)—over the months and years to come. But what if you could get the most out of both an LMS and a learning record store (LRS) at the same time as you move to your next-generation learning-and-performance infrastructure?
In this session, you will learn what to do with xAPI statements. You’ll discover how an LRS is different from—and similar to—the LMS you already have. You’ll review your options when it comes to LRSs and how LRSs can work (and can’t work) with your LMS. You’ll also learn the considerations to keep in mind when looking for an LRS, get a list of key questions to ask when selecting an LRS for your environment, and gain insights into both the learning and infrastructure aspects of xAPI from early adopters.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the benefits of an LRS, both in contrast to and in combination with your LMS
- How to choose from among three types of LRS options
- About potential options for your next-generation learning-and-performance infrastructure
- What key questions to ask potential LRS vendors to narrow your search
Intermediate and advanced managers, directors, and VPs with a basic knowledge of xAPI and LMS capabilities.
discussed in this session:
Various mobile technologies.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States