- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Method in Madness: An Approach to Learning Design Using Information Mapping
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2015 - March 26, 2015
Lead Learning Developer
Manager, Education Services
Learning developers face a multitude of challenges. They need to convert complex technical information into simple learnable material within a short time frame. The developers work with multiple delivery modes and are overly dependent on tools.
Learners struggle with information overload and short attention span, among other things. Therefore, they look for well-structured information that is relevant and quickly accessible. In this session, you will be introduced to the principles of information mapping that help in addressing the challenges of both learners and those developing learning solutions. You will discover how information mapping breaks complex information into simple and easy-to-comprehend chunks, reusing the same content to cater to audiences with varied skill sets. You will also discuss how this approach helps learning developers save time and better respond to short development cycles. By applying the principles, you can classify and tag information that helps the learners to quickly scan relevant information and aids in better retention.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to chunk information into manageable units
- How to align information mapping principles with Gagné’s nine events of instruction
- How to reuse learning objects and avoid duplication of effort
- How to use DITA with information mapping
- How to use information mapping to cater to various skill levels of the learners (beginner to expert)
- How to convert raw data into meaningful information
- How to generate your own information maps with the help of information mapping
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and managers.
discussed in this session:
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer
- Training Development Manager
- Instructional Designer