- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The xAPI for the Non-developer
DevLearn 2014 Conference & Expo - October 30, 2014
As you start to explore the Experience API (xAPI), it is easy to feel intimidated. If you lack the necessary coding skills to build a solution from the ground up, taking advantage of xAPI might not be possible without outside help since being able to prototype a solution is critical to the success of your project. Successful prototypes can help show what data is important and what changes you could make before creating a final product for release.
In this session you will discover how non-developers can create xAPI projects and start to see the power and capabilities of using xAPI. You will examine components that, with some minor coding, you can combine to build custom platforms. You will discuss available HTML elements that come equipped with easily edited code to build solutions around content. You will learn how to use basic HTML coding to implement data gathering using xAPI. The session will approach this topic from the viewpoint of a non-developer who was able to implement and prototype xAPI implementations.
In this session, you will learn:
- How the Experience API works
- What is required to implement xAPI
- How to use various HTML-based elements to produce working xAPI implementations
- How to adjust elements after reviewing the initial data you collected
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, and project managers with basic HTML skills and a basic understanding of the Experience API.
discussed in this session:
HTML, the Experience API.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Director of Instructional Development
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA