Rapid instructional development tools provide us with the ability to add narration and text-to-speech to eLearning courses, but many instructional designers aren’t using the audio medium to its full potential. Bringing quality audio design together with engaging stories can transform a click-and-read presentation into an immersive experience.
In this session participants will learn how to produce high quality audio for eLearning projects and how to combine this audio with storytelling techniques to create engaging eLearning experiences. You’ll explore inspirational examples from video games and radio that are directly applicable to eLearning. You’ll examine the equipment required and learn the basics of how to use Audacity, a free open-source program, to record and optimize content. You’ll also explore strategies for recording and manipulating audio in order to tell better and more engaging stories.
In this session, you will learn:
- How easy and cheap it is to create high quality audio
- Examples of combining audio and storytelling to create powerful experiences
- How to choose a microphone that suits your needs
- How to use Audacity to record, manipulate, and optimize audio for eLearning
- Basic guidelines for writing engaging narrative
- How to use and manipulate audio in the service of that narrative
Novice designers and developers with basic knowledge and experience using rapid instructional development tools.
discussed in this session:
Video games, Audacity, basic microphone equipment.
Have Audacity installed and bring earbuds or headphones to the session if you plan on following along.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.Log In Join