- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Using Game Elements in Mobile Learning Applications
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Mobile devices have opened up new avenues to deliver training to employees, especially those who are constantly on the go. The challenge is to provide training that is effective, engaging, and, ideally, uniquely mobile. Many organizations are introducing game elements as a way to reach learners and hold their interest. Combining game elements and game design with the training content can do just that if properly designed and delivered.
In this session you will learn the required steps to build an effective strategy to utilize game elements in mobile learning. You will explore game-based mLearning from concept to creation to completion, including understanding when adding game elements is appropriate or has great potential. You will discuss a real-world enterprise application using game elements that resulted in substantially increased participation from the target audience.
You will leave this session with an understanding of the entire scope of a game-based mobile learning project.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to build a business case for a mobile learning effort
- The basics of gaming elements and design in a non-gaming context
- How to turn conceptual ideas into a working prototype
- Effective solutions and tools for mLearning development, security, analytics, and delivery
Novice and intermediate designers, developers, project managers, and managers with an existing mobile learning background that includes some understanding of the basic tenants of mobile.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States