- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
It Really Is All Fun and Games: Sales Training Goes Mobile at AutoTrader
mLearnCon 2014 - June 25, 2014
Sr. Manager of Learning Technologies
Director, Sales Training and Curriculum
The AutoTrader.com sales-training department designed an innovative strategy to support their fall product releases to a team of over 700, going completely mobile rather than using traditional classroom and eLearning. The strategy employed a combination of mobile core content, performance-support video and documents, scenario-based learning, and manager coaching and support. Partnering with the sales-training team, the AutoTrader “MyLearning” mobile application was used to deploy 21 nuggets of core content and 41 support resources structured via gamification and badging.
In this case-study session you will learn how we built the innovative strategy for learning to 700 sales employees. You will explore the important role change management played in the field (and with executives). You will leave this session understanding the successes and challenges of the deployment, including the technological successes, and the lessons learned from this type of organizational change.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to use mobile and performance support to enable learning in the field
- How to overcome cultural and technology hurdles for a successful rollout
- How to ensure achieving buy-in across learning, sales departments, and the technology partners
- How to ensure new skills are enabled to support the initiative
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, and managers.
Technology discussed in this session:
Mobile learning applications in iPad and iPhone, gamification, and badging capabilities.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Instructional Designer
- Instructional Designer
- Manager, Customer Service/Operations, Trauma Education
Chicago, IL, USA
- Education Technology Specialist
Chicago, IL, USA
- Instructional Designer International projects