- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design 3.0 for Learning and Performance Professionals
DevLearn 2013 Conference & Expo - October 25, 2013
Senior Project Leader
The Aerospace Corporation
Increasingly, we need to develop agile solutions in less time, and declining budgets and increasing customer expectations make it more important than ever to get it right the first time. We need sage advice, honest critique, and experienced guidance from competent professionals in our field. We also need access to lessons learned by others to adapt their tried-and-tested solutions to our situations.
In this session, participants will learn how to use online professional groups and online communities where thousands of learning and development professionals are willing to help. You’ll learn how best to participate, and ways to ask for help in a way that elicits authentic, valuable advice. Using your personal devices (laptop, tablet, smartphone), you will join specific communities and groups of training and development professionals, and learn about mobile apps that can connect you to these valuable resources.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to augment your knowledge network using online professional groups and communities
- Which are the most active and how best to participate in each
- How to ask for help in a way that elicits authentic, valuable feedback
- How to join specific communities and groups of training and development professionals
- How to use mobile apps that can connect you to these valuable resources whenever and wherever you are
Participants should have a basic awareness of social media and modern web technologies.
Technology discussed in this session:
Online communities (including Yammer) and groups (including LinkedIn groups for The eLearning Guild, T&D, and others), accessed via mobile apps on smart devices and standard web browsers.
Student technology needs:
An up-to-date web browser and a smart device (phone or tablet). An accessible LinkedIn account would be helpful.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island