- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Adobe Captivate: Provide Quiz Feedback Using Advanced Actions
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2013 - March 14, 2013
Lead eLearning Evangelist
Senior eLearning Instructional Designer
Have you ever passed a quiz with 80 percent, but wondered about the 20 percent you got wrong? In some eLearning courses, as soon as a learner passes a quiz, the course ends and the learner may never find out what the right answers were—a missed learning opportunity for the curious and the conscientious. Adobe’s Advanced Actions feature can solve this challenge.
Participants in this session will learn how to quickly and elegantly create a feedback mechanism that provides the learner with a summary of which questions were answered incorrectly, along with the correct answers. As you go over the feedback mechanism, you’ll learn techniques that will help increase your efficiency in any Captivate project that uses Advanced Actions. You will see a clear roadmap for systematically planning out a project ahead of time. You’ll also learn some of the most common skills associated with Advanced Actions, such as hiding and showing objects, creating variables, deciding if an action is a standard or conditional action, and assigning values to variables.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between conditional and standard Advanced Actions
- How to find or create the variables needed for your project
- To identify where a project should trigger an Advanced Action
- How to name an object in Captivate
- How to show and hide objects using Advanced Actions instead of the Timeline
Intermediate designers and developers, preferably with a basic working knowledge of Adobe Captivate, including familiarity with the Timeline, how to create slides and quizzes, and how to add objects (such as text, images, and buttons) to a slide.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Contract eLearning Instructional Designer
- Digital Learning Specialist
Remote (+/- 3 hours from CET)
- Digital Learning Designer
- Learning Specialist
Richmond, BC, Canada
- Candid Learning Curriculum Development and Train the Trainer