- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Great ID Challenge
DevLearn 2012 Conference & Expo - October 31, 2012
Tracy Bissette-Huckabee (Host)
President of Learning Services
Senior Manager of Instructional Systems Design
Every instructional designer wants to create innovative, effective, engaging designs. However, novice instructional designers often don't know where to begin when faced with a design dilemma. As compared with novices, experts tend to have larger and richer reservoirs of knowledge. Without exposure to a large quantity of eLearning programs, novices may struggle to think beyond text-then-next designs.
Participants in this session will get a glimpse into some of the many ways that expert instructional designers come up with creative, out-of-the-box designs. In this panel discussion by four expert instructional designers, each panel member will share mockups of their ideas as well as the steps they took to create the design. During the session, they will present their approach to the instructional design of the eLearning deliverable(s). Participants in this session will see not one or two, but four different instructional design approaches to a common design challenge.
In this session, you will learn:
- How expert instructional designers approach a learning challenge as presented by a client
- Different approaches for addressing one instructional design challenge
- Where great instructional design ideas come from
- Which resources are most frequently used by experienced instructional designers
Novice-to-advanced designers who have some prior knowledge of instructional design, such as the ADDIE model.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer - Contractor To Hire - New Jersey
- Instructional Designer -Accion
- eLearning Developer
Chevy Chase, MD
- Instructional Designer, GROW
Rockville, MD and Washington, DC (Split)
- Academia - Instructional Designer