- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Learning Maps: The New eLearning Metaphor
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 21, 2012
eLearning courses still use the book metaphor as a standard, and that is really beginning to hinder progress because eLearning is not linear like a book ... it demands a structure that allows for more dynamic interaction. We need to find a new metaphor for eLearning that is more flexible, more engaging, and less structured. One possible solution is Learning Maps: a geographical representation of eLearning content. The idea has been worked out in detail by the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany.
In this session, you will explore the possibilities of this metaphor, see the results so far, and discuss the application of this or possible other metaphors. Come learn about a possible next step in eLearning design.
In this session, you will learn:
- About learning maps, the possible new eLearning metaphor
- Why we need a new metaphor for structuring learning
- Other possibilities and directions for this new metaphor
Audience: This topic is for everybody with an interest in the future of eLearning. It will stay on a conceptual level, so no technical knowledge is needed.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island