- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Your First Mobile Device Project: What You Need to Know
Learning Solutions Conference & Expo 2012 - March 22, 2012
Senior Instructional Solutions Developer
Instructional Solutions Developer
The project development and implementation process of a new delivery platform is always rife with the unexpected. Even with careful consideration, it is still a quest to think of absolutely everything that may not work as planned. The first internal mobile device solution JetBlue University implemented was an Interactive Map of their new Support Center. But just because you build training for mobile devices doesn't mean that people will use it.
Participants in this case-study session will get lessons-learned and best practices that you can apply to many mobile projects. You’ll see the interactive map application, learn who used it, how, and when, and learn the human-factors issues encountered and the challenges specific to this interactive map like economy of content and graphical information. Fitting an interactive map into a small cellphone screen has unique challenges because, although they are able to scroll, zoom, and pan, it is challenging to determine how users will orientate themselves in the space and then identify their destination relative to their location. You’ll learn how we decided what to include and what to omit.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify a good project to test on the mobile devices
- The importance of keeping the project simple and focused
- Best practices for QA and testing for multiple mobile browsers
- Ways of promoting and marketing the use of the reference tool
- What we wish we knew before we started
Audience: Novice participants with an interest in mLearning and mobile devices as a learning platform.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA