- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
A Guide to an Agile eLearning Development Process
Learning 2020 Conference - November 18, 2020
QA Manager & Accessibility Lead
Creative Learning Director
Creating eLearning content can be daunting: it takes an army of contributors and months to build, but without the right process, the end product may fall short of the vision. Developing effective eLearning is a process that requires careful planning and collaboration at every step: it’s an iterative process that requires all stakeholders to understand the learning objectives, learning environment, end users, and intended content—and welcomes stakeholders’ feedback along the way.
It’s an old cliché, but it does take a village—with a lot of opportunities for interaction—to create a strong learning experience.
In this session, you will learn how the above methods fit into the following development steps:
- Kick-off with the client, where we ensure that we’re aligned with the client’s expectations on the process, timeline, project strategy, user needs, and business goals. From that, we can define the project scope.
- Content analysis, where ideas turn into tangible outcomes. This is where we create content outlines to evaluate our learning objectives, then match them to the available content. Having an outline helps us identify any gaps in the content, and is our first touch point with the Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders.
- Scriptwriting, where all of the working content in the course is developed.
- Working through the Look, Feel, and Tone of the course. It’s very important that whatever you create “feels” authentic to the client’s culture, which we call Empathy Implementation.
- Storyboarding, which is where treatment and content come together. The storyboard shows how the narration aligns with interactions, on screen text, animations and visuals.
- Development stages, which ensure space for client feedback as we improve each step of the build, with the final goal of delivering a perfect working module that exceeds the client’s expectations and delights the end user!
You will also discover how collaboration tools and templates fit into the process.
In this session, you will learn:
- The learning and development process
- Effective cross-department collaboration
- How to create effective feedback loops
- Great tools for collaboration
Technologies/platforms/devices discuss in this session:
Design tools can vary from organization to organization; our focus is not to demonstrate a particular tool, but to focus on the process. We will demonstrate zipBoard, which is a robust project tracking tool.
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library