- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Case Study: Head-Up, Hands-Free Training with Mixed Reality
Realities360 2019 Conference - June 26, 2019
Global training demand exceeded the classroom capacity required to enable enough technicians to rebuild critical vehicle components. eLearning fell short transferring the "hands on skills" required for the job, but travel by instructors to remote locations was proving too expensive and inefficient. A better solution was needed.
In this case study session, you will learn how a mixed reality, head-up and hands-free interactive hologram helped us guide technicians through the disassembly and reassembly of a critical component, enabling them to perform the job without formal classroom training. We will share the challenges of the project from day one, including working around not having CAD drawings, the applications required, and a "hands on" demonstration of the final product.
In this session, you will learn:
- The difference between augmented and mixed reality
- Where the voice-actuated, head-up, hands free features of the HoloLens make the most difference
- Why you don't always need CAD data to create effective 3-D assets
- How to break down steps in a critical procedure to work well in mixed reality
- Where we see the future of mixed reality going, and how you can get involved
Designers, developers, managers, senior leaders (directors, VP, CLO, executive, etc)
Technology discussed in this session:
Microsoft HoloLens, Unity, 3D StudioMax, C#
You do not have access to these files. Please log in or join with a free membership to download these files.
Back to Library