- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
The Science of Attention and Engagement
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 | 10:00 to 11:00 AM Pacific Time
This webinar showcases one of the best-rated, most popular sessions, speakers, or topics from Learning Solutions 2019 Conference & Expo, now available to all through this special online presentation.
A number of myths persist about people’s allegedly ever-shortening attention spans—but what does the science say? Neuroscience, behavioral economics, and consumer psychology all offer insights into how we manage and allocate attention. Additionally, our ability to manage attention and focus seems to be related to our abilities to allocate willpower and influence how we make decisions.
In this session, you will learn what the current science says about how attention, willpower, and decision-making interact and how that influences the design of eLearning environments. Having a deeper understanding of this topic will help you create more effective and engaging learning solutions.
In this session, you will learn:
- How cognitive load memory functions influence attention
- How we allocate and manage attention
- How to engage learners’ attention and manage distraction
- How to use the principles of willpower, attention, and decision-making to create better eLearning
Please log in or join with a free membership to sign up for this webinar.
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer- Software
- SME/eLearning Industry Writer: LMS/LXP/Authoring tools
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York (Remote)
- Course Developer
- Manager of eLearning
Rockville, MD, United States