P2 Getting Started with Mobile Learning
8:30 AM - 4:30 PM Monday, June 6
The mobile learning landscape is continually growing and shifting. As intimidating as those changes may be, organizations must be prepared to formulate and execute strategies to harness this growing technology. An understanding of the various devices, the appropriate content, the impact of mobile on traditional training and development, and how to make a business case for mobile in your organization are of key importance in navigating today’s mobile learning landscape.
In this workshop, you will explore the mobile learning landscape. You will build basic mobile skills through hands-on activities. You will leave with processes, tools, and guidance to begin designing and developing your own mobile projects. You will build simple mobile projects with teams by immediately applying concepts covered.
In this session, you will learn:
- The various types of mobile devices and how that affects your training approach
- The various content types that are optimal for mobile deployment
- How to make the business case for mobile and why you should incorporate mobile into your organization’s strategy
- A simple approach to mobile design, and how it may differ from your typical design process
- Ideal approaches to mobile development using tools you likely already have
- Common examples of mobile deployment and security
Novice and intermediate designers, managers, and project managers.
discussed in this session:
Mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Sarah Mercier, CEO at Learning Ninjas, specializes in innovative learning technology and strategic implementation of learning solutions. Sarah is an international facilitator for the Association for Talent Development's E-Learning Instructional Design and Microlearning certificate programs. She is a frequent speaker at industry conferences and business events in the areas of instructional strategy, learning technology strategy, and learning solution design and development. Her work has been published in ATD's 2020 Trends in Learning Technology, The Book of Road-Tested Activities, TD Magazine, Learning Solutions Magazine, CLO Magazine, and a variety of other training and workforce publications.