- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Build Branching Scenarios with Twine
Online Events Archive
Pushing the eLearning Envelope Online Conference 2021 - June 9, 2021
Learning Experience Design Consultant
Most development tools are designed with primarily linear content in mind. It's often possible to create nonlinear or branching content, but that isn't the primary purpose of the tool. That means building branching scenarios can be clunky, cumbersome, and time consuming. What if you had a tool that was designed just for creating branching scenarios?
In this session, you'll learn how to build branching scenarios with Twine. Twine is a free, open-source tool designed specifically for creating interactive stories. You can use Twine for planning and writing a scenario, creating functional rapid prototypes, or for more polished final products. We’ll start with a live demo of building a simple branching scenario from scratch so you can see how quickly you can publish a functional learning experience. Next, you’ll see how story formats can add functionality and change the appearance of a story. You’ll see ways Twine can be used for different types of scenarios, such as chat simulations and games.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why Twine is an effective tool for creating branching scenarios quickly
- How to create and publish a story in Twine
- How story formats can be used for different purposes
- How Twine can be used for different types of interactive stories
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This video is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA