How does the largest employer on the planet, Walmart, attract and develop a new generation of managers who have spent more time playing games than they have in the classroom? How does pharmaceutical industry leader Novartis quickly train hundreds of people on best practice production and aseptic procedures for a new leukemia treatment, where mistakes have life and death consequences? How does Fortune 200 healthcare leader DaVita train a global organization to see the world through the customer's eyes?
In this session you’ll experience modern day learning simulators modeled on the flight simulator, which has (up until now, anyway) been the gold standard for skill-based learning. You’ll be able to download and play Walmart's "Spark City" game on your phone. It's a "learning while having fun" model, complete with Fortnite-style happy dances, which maximize skill practice "reps and sets." The session will inspire with examples from industry leaders who are ushering in a new era of experiential and visceral learning. Leave the glowing desktop screen and classroom behind and step into a new world of immersive learning.
In this session, you will learn:
- How transformational technologies like AR, VR and mobile gaming are on a converging trajectory squarely aimed at disrupting the learning industry
- How industry leading companies are tapping into the exploding popularity of console-quality 3D games for the mobile handset
- How companies who want to remain relevant to younger workers can take cues from the cultural moment of Fortnite
- How mobile games reinforce new skills and concepts, multiplying "reps and sets" of skill rehearsals, while having fun
- How full-body VR offers a digital rehearsal space of such convincing verisimilitude that trainees feel they are actually there
- How to deploy VR solutions at scale in a large enterprise, safely integrated with legacy LMS and LRS
Handouts are available for Learning Guild Online Conference subscribers. Please log in or join with an Online Conference subscription to download these files.Log In Join
This video is available for Learning Guild Online Conference subscribers. Please log in or join with an Online Conference subscription to view this video.Log In Join