- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Design Thinking for Learning Design
Online Events Archive
Learning Solutions Online Conference 2020 - April 8, 2020
Mastering Instructional Design
The 21st-century workforce is unique; people have endless options for learning in the ways that best meet their needs. Yet many of the design and development models in L&D are decades old. That’s where design thinking comes in; it’s a modern approach to creative problem-solving that’s iterative, collaborative, and experimental. And it’s also fun!
In this active session, we will explore how Design Thinking is a mindset as well as a method for generating innovative solutions. You will have an opportunity to participate in a Design Thinking cycle to see how this approach can stimulate ideas for creative, human-centered solutions that fit the modern workplace.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to think differently about learning experience design
- How to develop empathy for learners/participants
- How to define problems in a new way
- How to generate lots of ideas for solutions
- How to prototype and test your ideas
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This video is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to view this video.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Assistant eLearning Director
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island