- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Please Don't Make Your Audience Think! UX Design for Learning Designers
Online Events Archive
eLearning Foundations Online Conference 2019 - December 12, 2019
Often, learning designers and developers aren't experts in user experience design (UXD). Unfortunately, sometimes this can lead to your learners thinking less about the content itself and more about the eLearning's usability issues. To avoid this, it's helpful to draw upon the field of UXD to improve your audience's experience in the eLearning you create.
Based on Steve Krug's book, Don't Make Me Think, and various other user experience design resources, this session will help you explore a user experience guide applicable to learning design. You'll review the guide and learn how to implement simple design solutions for improved user experience and learning outcomes.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to eliminate mental chatter from your content
- How to make a clear and consistent course navigation
- Reasons why you should do usability testing for your trainings
- How to design things for how they will be used
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Senior Instructional Designer
- MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATOR
- LEARNING DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
- ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES MANAGER III (ONBOARDING AND TALENT D
Los Angeles, California
- Product Manager - BQuant Learning & Productivity
San Francisco, CA, USA