- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Stories into eLearning
Online Events Archive
eLearning Foundations Online Conference 2019 - December 11, 2019
Focus Learning Solutions
eLearning doesn’t have to be a content-focused experience that leaves learners overwhelmed and wondering how it all applies to them. Incorporating storytelling into your design is a great way of making content easier to understand and feel relevant to the learner. But how well you design stories into your courses it what determines its success.
In this session, you’ll learn the three primary steps for using storytelling to enhance your elearning courses. First, you’ll learn strategies for interviewing subject matter experts to get the stories you’ll need to tell. Next, you’ll learn tips for using instructional design strategies to build stories into your courses. Finally, we’ll discuss bringing stories to life using scriptwriting techniques, imagery, and audio.
In this session, you will learn:
- Ways to interview subject matter experts to unearth the story the course needs to tell
- Methodologies for designing stories into your courses
- Strategies for telling your stories with scriptwriting and multimedia techniques
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer