- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Getting Started with Storyboarding for eLearning
Online Events Archive
eLearning Foundations Spotlight 2018 - December 12, 2018
When creating eLearning, it can be a challenge in the design stages to clearly communicate to your stakeholders, clients, or other partners what the final output will be like once the development is done. And when these partners don’t fully understand the design plan, that can lead to a disconnect about what the completed eLearning will be like, and even to costly and time-consuming revisions. But what if you could give them a better understanding of the project earlier on? The key is establishing a storyboarding workflow you can trust.
Storyboarding can help you document your design, communicate about it clearly with stakeholders, and serve as a blueprint when you move from design to development. While it adds a bit of time up front, it can help you test out design options easily and save time and effort in development. In this session, you’ll be introduced to simple methods for drafting your eLearning design in storyboard form as well as options for additional companion documents that can help you be more efficient when transitioning from design to development. As there’s no single “right” way to storyboard, you’ll explore a number of options that will help you determine what storyboarding approach is right for you and your projects.
In this session, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of creating a simple storyboard to get started
- How documenting your design before development occurs can save time in the long run
- Techniques for storyboarding in MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- About visual storyboards and how to document models for stakeholder conversations
- About project organization with naming conventions and asset management tips
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- eLearning Developer & Coordinator
- Senior Learning Specialist
- Learning Mgt System Administrator - CBT Specialist
Providence, Rhode Island
- Instructional Design Specialist
Glenview, IL, USA
- Training & Development Instructional Designer (Mid-Career)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States