- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Learning Leaders Alliance Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Camera Clinic: Make Your Training Videos Look Awesome
Online Events Archive
Video on a Shoestring Spotlight 2018 - June 6, 2018
Author, Rapid Media Development for Trainers
Many organizations use video for learning, and much of it is produced in-house. But how much of it looks like it was shot by a pro? Unprofessional shots can distract viewers from the learning and undermine your credibility. They also make content more tedious and less fun to watch.
Good shots result from good technique—and thankfully, good video technique can help you whether you’re using expensive equipment or just shooting with a smartphone. This session will share professional broadcast techniques that anyone can use when shooting video. You’ll learn how to capture crisp, clear shots using a standard camera, a smartphone, or a laptop camera. You’ll also find out how to frame shots and have them flow together naturally, leading to better-looking and more effective video.
In this session, you will learn:
- Which professional techniques can help videos made on a budget look more professional and polished
- How to capture crisp, clear video shots with multiple cameras using professional media techniques
- Ways to frame shots so they engage learners and draw their eyes to key content on the screen
- Tips for planning shots to flow together seamlessly in a way that enhances, rather than distracts from, the learning
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library