- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Online Events
Authoring Tools and Instructional Media Support
Online Events Archive
Using Media in Your eLearning Development Spotlight 2017 - August 2, 2017
There is a time and place for every kind of media—such as audio, video, 2-D or 3-D animations, 360-degree video, and augmented or virtual reality. These considerations first come up in the instructional design phase, but they also have a direct impact on development. While the design may call for a specific use of media, the technology in place may not support it, and this presents a development challenge.
During this session, you will find out which authoring tools will best accommodate your media needs in eLearning development. Most tools support audio and video, and some even support 3-D animations and 360-degree video. However, even the authoring tools that don’t directly support your media requirements can sometimes be made to work for you—if you know how. You will learn about the media support in popular authoring tools, and about media-use strategies that may not be as obvious.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to compare and select the best media features of several popular authoring tools
- Which types of media you need for your learners, content, and delivery methods
- Some simple technical methods to ensure media will work flawlessly
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner
- Training and Technical Assistance Program Specialist
Washington, DC, United States