- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
User Interface Design for eLearning
Online Events Archive
Boosting Your Design Skills Spotlight 2017 - June 7, 2017
Speaker, Author, Award-Winning Freelance eLearning Designer
It’s hard enough to get people to engage with the content of your eLearning course. This issue is compounded even further when they can’t figure out how to use the course in the first place. All too often, new eLearning designers put their focus solely into designing the learning content, while ignoring the interface it’s encapsulated in. This leads to confusion on the part of your audience and disrupts the learning process.
In this session, you’ll explore simple rules for designing an eLearning user interface that promotes engagement, interaction, and learning. Using real-life examples, you’ll examine how simple interface changes can remove visual distraction and redundancy. You’ll leave this session able to improve your eLearning courses by removing user interface distraction and promoting intuitive action by the learner.
In this session, you will learn:
- How bad user interface decisions distract from the learning process
- Simple rules for designing effective eLearning user interfaces
- How to visually distinguish interactive elements from your course content
- How to promote intuitive user action by the user through visual cues
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- ELearning Development for a Startup
- Instructional Designer
- eLearning Developer
- Pharma Sales Training Project Manager - Temp To Hire
Remote - Northeast U.S.
- Curriculum & Instructional Designer
Durham, NC (RTP)