- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
A Crash Course in Visual Design
Online Events Archive
Boosting Your Design Skills Spotlight 2017 - June 7, 2017
Independent LX Designer/International Speaker/Author
Connie Malamed Consulting
Did you know that the visual design of eLearning, slides, and other instructional materials can have a big impact on learner success? Well-designed materials can motivate learners, improve comprehension, and assist retention.
In this session, you’ll learn about the powerful principles that will have the biggest impact on your designs. You’ll look into ways that you can apply each principle for maximum success. The goal is to quickly increase your visual design skills as much as possible in one hour—and you’ll be surprised at how much you can improve! You don’t need to draw well to improve your visual design skills; you just need to learn the foundational principles and apply them.
In this session, you will learn:
Why aesthetics are important to learning
- How to work with shapes, images, and fonts to communicate the right message to your audience
- Tips for laying out a slide or screen so that your designs look professional
- How to pair fonts
- How to ensure learners quickly see what is most important
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer