- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Online Events
Using Neuroscience to Enhance Learning and Performance
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - December 17, 2015
Chief Freedom Officer
Recent insights gained from neuroimaging have changed the way we think about human behavior and have disproved many of our previous assumptions about human performance. Brain-aware design, a new trend in leveraging neuroscience for learning, can save time, reduce rework, and boost business results by focusing your learning efforts on the design elements that are proven by science to be the most effective. Many learning professionals are intrigued by recent discoveries about the brain but are wary of the hype and not sure how to incorporate the information into their daily practice.
In this session, you will learn the basics of the practical applications of neuroscience to enhance learning and performance, how to integrate the best practices for brain-based design and delivery into your learning programs, and how to use the brain-aware toolkit of templates and resources to enhance your next learning project. Once you understand how the brain works, you can use the brain’s attention, engagement, encoding, and retrieval processes to create learning that is more effective, takes less time to produce, and delivers more lasting results because the learning experiences you enable will teach the brain the way the brain wants to learn.
In this session, you will learn:
- How brain-aware design has become a learning trend
- How to create learning materials that force learners to pay attention by engaging the brain’s subconscious survival mechanisms
- How to build learning experiences for maximum engagement by using the brain’s bias for social interaction and connection
- How to build learning experiences for maximum retention and retrieval by teaching the brain how to categorize, file, and recall
- How to plan your next learning project using the brain-aware toolkit provided in this session
Novice to advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, executives, trainers, facilitators, teachers, and professors.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner
- Training and Technical Assistance Program Specialist
Washington, DC, United States