- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
True Life: Social Media and Its Place in Your Organization
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - November 18, 2015
Training Program Manager
Many learning and development (L&D) professionals struggle to become a part of the larger social medial initiatives at their companies. Social learning can’t occur in a vacuum, only in a classroom or while hovering at the water cooler. While social media isn’t a fad and it’s not going away, is it taboo for you to use in your new hire orientation? When was the last time you followed employees, executives, or leaders? Do your learning programs support how much personal time it consumes of your employees, regardless of generation? With it consuming more of our time, you can’t ignore how employees are using social media. A way to empower them to use it to spread knowledge is needed. What is the foundation for building the trust of your organization and their use of social media tools?
This hands-on session will show you practical (and simple) ways to start integrating social elements into your learning programs. For the best experience in this session, we recommend you have a mobile device available.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why it’s important harness the personal usage of your employees’ social media habits
- Simple techniques for adding social media elements to your existing training designs
- How to increase adoption and engagement of social tools at your organization
- How social platforms can assist with information overload, or lack of knowledge
Novice and intermediate. Basic knowledge of social media.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Digital Learning Technologist
Buffalo, New York
- Senior Specialist, ELearning Systems Administrator
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA