- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
Designing Learning for the Future: Community, Curation, Customization
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - November 18, 2015
Head of Learning Design
How do next-generation learning trends—where experiential, social, and mobile learning strategies are augmenting or replacing traditional training and click next eLearning models—affect the role of the learning and development (L&D) professional? This session will identify some of the new skills that L&D professionals need to adapt today, including community management, resource curation, and the use of diagnostics to design learning pathways customized to individual needs.
In this session, you will explore the competencies and capabilities that L&D professionals need to meet the learning challenges of the modern workplace. You will examine forerunner examples of these new skills and capabilities and how they improve organizational performance. You will compare the success of a real-life enterprise social learning community, both with and without the presence of a dedicated community manager.
In this session, you will learn:
- How new learning technologies and changing learner preferences and expectations are changing L&D
- How changing business priorities and tech-driven insights change L&D’s role in today’s smarter learning organizations
- Why certain new skills will become essential
- How community management and curation are increasingly important skills for today’s L&D pro—and how to develop these skills
- About an enterprise-wide community of online learners which has delivered great results through a community manager model
- How curation changes traditional top-down training models
- How learning diagnostics and data analytics change the L&D function in relation to wider organizational goals and objectives
Intermediate and advanced designers, developers, project managers, managers, directors, VPs, CLOs, and executives.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Learning Management System Administrator
- eLearning Coordinator & Developer
- Director of Worldwide Learning & Professional Development
- eLearning Support Technologist
Madison, WI, USA
- SR Instructional Designer