- Learning Solutions
- Research Library
- Guild Publications
- Sponsored Library
- Online Events Archive
- Conference Archive
- DemoFest Archive
- Online Events
Navigating the Estimation Maze of eLearning Projects
Online Events Archive
Online Forums 2015 - October 29, 2015
Principal, Chief Learning Officer
Zenith Performance Solutions
“How fast can you create this eLearning course, and how much will it cost?” your manager or client asks. As most of us know, it depends on the development tools, the level of interactivity, the available content, the internal and external resources required, and many other variables. But working through these variables takes time and effort, and often requires data that we don’t have, so we guess. Almost inevitably, after we start down the path of design and development, we encounter roadblocks, find that our guess was incorrect, and ultimately complete the project late and over budget.
Participants in this session will learn how to use a provided estimation tool to take a systematic, reliable, and repeatable approach to time and cost estimations for eLearning projects. This estimation tool is based on Microsoft Excel and years of eLearning project experience. After you have customized the tool with your organization’s data, the tool will enable you to make more accurate estimates for all your eLearning projects and more reliably meet the expectations you set with your manager or client.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to identify the elements of an eLearning project that impact development time
- How to define levels of interactivity
- How to use the eLearning estimation tool to determine how long a project will take and how much it will cost
- How to explain to your manager or client the “gotchas” that could affect your eLearning estimates
Advanced developers, project managers, managers, and CLOs who are familiar with eLearning projects and project management.
Handouts are available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download these files.
This recording is available for Learning Guild members. Please log in or join to download this file.
Back to Library
Recent Job Postings
- Manager, Training & Development - Fanatics Brands
- Global Customer Success Intern - Digital Learning Content D
Rock Hill, SC, USA
- Contract Instructional Designer
Remote - USA
- Register as an Expert Partner
- Training and Technical Assistance Program Specialist
Washington, DC, United States